Pin It button on image hover

Monday, November 29, 2010

Drawstring Baggie

Easy Peasy Drawstring Baggie

I decided to make a few of these for the kids for advent. This is our first year to all be participating. My little dude is 6 and the Cuppicake is 4, so they both kind of "get it" now :) ((getting the gift part...anyways))


This one is super easy. You can do it by hand as well, if you don't have access to a sewing machine.





I decided on 3 fabrics for the main body of the bag and another one for the drawstring.


CUT:


2 pieces (the main body) to 11" X 8"
2 pieces (the top band of the bag) 11" X 4" {I used different fabrics for each side}
1 piece 1.5" X 35" {I wanted a tattered effect, so I left the fabric ripped at the edges}



Assembly:


Put the top of the bag to the body, right sides together.
IMG_5669.jpg


Sew them together. Do both sides....
IMG_5672.jpg


Press, Press, Press {again, I was going for tattered, to I did not finish (press) the sides}
IMG_5680.jpg


Press the top band in half
IMG_5681.jpg


IMG_5683.jpg


Topstitch
IMG_5685.jpg


IMG_5686.jpg


Now sew those two sides together up to the top band {don't forget to start and end with a backstitch}
IMG_5687.jpg


Turn inside out
IMG_5688.jpg


Get your drawstring and attach a safety pin at one end





Feed it through your first band
IMG_5693.jpg


then the next
IMG_5694.jpg


Snip it in 1/2
IMG_5700.jpg


Fill with goodies, cinch and admire!
IMG_5706.jpg


See...I told you that would be easy peasy!


Hugs and Blessings,
Ingrid


IMG_5713.jpg








3 comments :

  1. that turned out super cute, love the fabric. visiting from Tutorial Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable. They would also make cute "purses" for little girls to carry after they open the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make everything (no matter how "easy") look absolutely adorable... now I just need to get myself a sewing machine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment at karatootie! Your comments light up my day! Big Hugs! Ingrid

LinkWithin